Friday, March 21, 2008

Vegas Stun


For Truc's birthday she & the rat pack flew to Sin City to commemorate the event. With the help of her brother, I kept her in the dark until the last minute, surprising her in the hotel. I opted to drive down due to the furry baggage I haul around & because I was looking forward to exploring Nevada latitudinally . From Reno it was seven hours one-way & the scenery was very engaging. With each turn I saw a new dessert-scape; snowy mountains the whole while on my right and the great basin to my left littered with sage, joshua trees, dust devils, and even a misplaced lake or two. As for the road, talk about straight and narrow, my personal bests: longest straight away= 15miles, longest drive with my knee= 5miles, & longest no touching the wheel= 1.1miles=) Once in the big "V" the company was great and everything we did was an experience. My favorite escapades included the CirduSole "O" show(eight rows back center), the free water cannon show infront of the Bellagio, and sweeping games of liars dice. Luckily I left Freemont St 80$ up on roullete and high in spirits. My drive back was strikingly similiar not counting the night spent in Death Valley.

No comments: